Strasbourg Declaration on Psychotherapy of 1990
1. Psychotherapy is an independent scientific discipline, the practice of which amounts to an independent and free profession.
2. Training in psychotherapy takes place at an advanced, qualified and scientific level.
3. The multiplicity of the methods of psychotherapy is assured and guaranteed.
4. In a process of psychotherapy, training is carried out in full and includes theory, self-experience and practice under supervision. Adequate knowledge is gained of further processes of psychotherapy.
5. Access to training is through various preliminary
qualifications, in particular in human and social sciences.
Strasburg, October 21st, 1990